Local history websites
Whether your history group is starting from scratch, or has an existing archive of material, our structured and innovative websites can help you create a comprehensive online archive following recommended standards, while at the same time making engaging and immersive web pages.
Often the problem is how to organise a wealth of material in a way that makes it accessible and useful for research. Working closely with a number of local history groups we’ve evolved a framework which can adapt to all the common problems which history groups face.
- We follow the cataloguing guidelines developed by the Community Archives and Heritage Group, so your archive is comprehensive, detailed and compatible.
- Our system helps you deal with all types of resource; written and printed documents, pamphlets and books, photographs both printed and digital, audio recordings, tangible items.
- We use commonly available technology.
- We use a mixture of modules, which we have developed, plus custom programmed web pages, to give your website the features you need plus a look that is unique to your group.
- We build in very powerful search facilities which not only access the archive database, but can also reference the text of PDFs, the EXIF data of digital images, and other documents.
- We are both programmers and designers so you can be sure that your site will look good while being built to the latest responsive standards for use on all devices, and all this working over a highly structured MySQL database.